Skip to content
- 2 Tbsp. margarine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp. aji amarillo chili pepper paste
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 lb. potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 Tbsp. Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1/4 cup crumbled queso fresco
Melt margarine in large saucepot over medium heat and cook onion, stirring frequently, until tender, about 6 minutes. Stir in aji amarillo and cook, stirring occasionally, 1 minute. Add squash and potatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until coated, about 2 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook 30 seconds. Stir in water, milk and Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, until potatoes and squash are very tender, about 20 minutes. Lightly mash with potato masher.
Stir in spinach and corn and simmer until spinach is wilted, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, then sprinkle with cheese. Garnish, if desired, with chopped cilantro.