Skip to content
- 8 ounces ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 Scotch bonnet chili pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/2 tsp. hot curry powder or mild curry powder
- 1 Knorr® Beef flavor Bouillon Cube(s)
- 1/4 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 package (14 oz.) frozen empanada discos con color, thawed
- Vegetable oil for frying
Cook first 4 ingredients in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat about 5 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Add water, bread crumbs and Knorr® Beef flavor Bouillon Cube(s) and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer about 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed; let cool.
Roll out discos slightly on a lightly floured surface. Spoon a scant 2 tablespoons beef mixture into center. Fold each in half, pressing out air bubbles. Moisten edges with water and seal tightly with a fork.
Heat oil to 350°F in a deep medium skillet. Cook patties, a few at a time, about 3 minutes or until golden brown, turning once; drain on paper towels.