- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 Tbsp. Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon, divided
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup chopped red onion, divided
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 container (16 oz.) Mexican crema
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. thinly sliced fresh basil leaves or cilantro leaves
Amount per serving
Calories from Fat380
Cook penne according to package directions, reserving 1/4 cup pasta cooking water before draining.
Combine 1 tablespoon olive oil with 1 tablespoon Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon. Coat chicken breasts with oil mixture. Grill or broil until thoroughly cooked. Set aside and keep warm.
Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook 1/2 cup onion, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in roasted red peppers and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes. Add 1/2 of the tomatoes and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes are beginning to break down, about 2 minutes. Stir in crema, remaining 1 tablespoon Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon and reserved pasta water and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring frequently, until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Stir in Parmesan cheese and black pepper.
Combine remaining 1/4 cup onion, remaining tomatoes and basil in medium bowl; set aside.
Slice chicken. Stir hot pasta into skillet; toss to coat. Arrange pasta on serving platter, then top with sliced chicken and tomato mixture. Garnish, if desired, with additional basil leaves.