WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 4 Tbsp. oil, divided
- 1 sweet plantain, cut in small cubes
- 8 ounces deli ham, cut in small cubes
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 packet Knorr® Mi Arroz™ White Rice Seasoning Mix
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley leaves or cilantro
Amount per serving
Calories from Fat100
Let's Get Cooking
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook plantains, stirring frequently, until golden, about 5 minutes. Remove to paper towels; season lightly, if desired, with salt; set aside.
Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in same skillet over medium-high heat and cook ham, stirring frequently, until browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in onion and cook, stirring frequently, until golden brown, 5 minutes.
Stir in cumin and rice and cook, stirring frequently, about 4 minutes. Stir in water, Knorr® Mi Arroz™ White Rice Seasoning Mix and beans. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes. Stir in Parsley, top with plantains.