Skip to content
Amount per serving
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp. sofrito
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken breast, (about 2 lbs.)
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon Cube(s)
- 1 packet Knorr® Sazon with Coriander and Annatto
- 4 large ripe plantains, halved crosswise, then each half sliced lengthwise into 3 slices, fried until golden
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1/2 cup shredded vegan mozzarella-style shreds or queso fresco
Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 8 x 8-in. or shallow 2-qt. baking dish with no-stick cooking spray; set aside.
Heat olive oil in 5-qt. saucepan over medium-high heat and cook onion 2 minutes. Stir in garlic, sofrito, then shredded chicken and cook, stirring, 2 minutes.
Stir in tomato sauce, wine, water, Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon Cube and Knorr® Sazon with Coriander and Annatto and cook until Bouillon is dissolved. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid evaporates, about 10 minutes.
Layer half the fried plantains on bottom of prepared baking dish; top with chicken mixture. Top with remaining fried plantains. Beat eggs with milk, then pour over top. Sprinkle with mozzarella and bake 15 minutes or until set.