Skip to content
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 large green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 lb. chorizo sausage, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh oregano or 1/2 Tbsp. dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cans (15.5 oz. ea.) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 Knorr® Beef flavor Bouillon Cube(s)
- 4 cups water
In 4-quart saucepot, heat oil over medium heat and cook green pepper, onion and garlic, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in sausage, oregano, cumin and crushed red pepper flakes and cook 1 minute. Stir in beans and Knorr® Beef flavor Bouillon Cube blended with water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, 40 minutes.
In blender or food processor, process soup, in batches, until smooth. Return soup to saucepot and simmer 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Season, if desired, with salt and ground black pepper. Garnish, if desired, with chopped fresh cilantro, sour cream, fried tortilla strips or diced onions.