- 2 lbs. beef shanks, meat removed from bones (reserve bones), meat cut into 1-in. pieces
- 3 Tbsp. Knorr® Beef flavor Bouillon, divided
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 9 cups water
- 1 medium baking potato, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups sliced cabbage
- 2 ears corn, each cut into 6 pieces
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 plum tomatoes, cut into bite-size pieces
- Lime wedges and chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
Amount per serving
Calories from Fat100
Season beef with 1 tablespoon Knorr® Beef flavor Bouillon.
Heat oil in large pot over high heat and cook beef and beef bone until browned.
Add water and remaining 2 tablespoons Bouillon and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer, skimming any foam that rises to surface, until beef is tender, about 1 hour.
Add potato; simmer covered 10 minutes. Add cabbage, corn, zucchini and tomatoes and simmer covered until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Remove bone and serve, if desired, with lime wedges and cilantro.