- 6 cups water
- 3 Knorr® Reduced Sodium Chicken flavor Bouillon Cube(s) *, crumbled
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breast halves
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 cups frozen whole kernel corn, thawed and drained
- 2 cups zucchini, finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped Spanish onion
- 1 can (4 oz.) green chilies, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. cornmeal
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
Amount per serving
Bring water to a boil in large saucepot. Stir in Knorr® Reduced Sodium Chicken flavor Bouillon Cubes until dissolved. Stir in chicken. Simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Remove chicken, shred and reserve. Remove saucepot from heat and set aside.
Meanwhile, heat oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat and cook corn until golden, stirring occasionally about 5 minutes. Stir in zucchini and onion and cook until onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
Stir vegetable mixture into saucepot. Bring to a boil. Stir in cornmeal. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.
Puree 3 cups hot soup mixture in batches in blender or food processor until smooth. Return to saucepot. Stir in reserved chicken and heat through. Just before serving, stir in cilantro and lime juice. Garnish, if desired, with shredded cheese, toasted sliced almonds and hot pepper sauce.