- 1 cup no salt added diced tomatoes or regular canned diced tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp. Knorr® Tomato Bouillon with Chicken flavor
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 package (19 oz.) arepas, cut into 24 wedges
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped chorizo
- 1 clove garlic, minced
Amount per serving
Calories from Fat80
Process tomatoes and Knorr® Tomato Bouillon with Chicken flavor in blender until smooth; set aside.
Preheat oven to 250°. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook arepas in batches, turning once and adding 1 tablespoon olive oil as needed, until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Arrange on baking sheet and place in oven to keep warm until ready to serve.
Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in same skillet over medium-high heat and cook onion, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 4 minutes. Add chorizo and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until chorizo is golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add tomato mixture and simmer 10 minutes to blend flavors.
To serve, spoon chorizo mixture onto arepa wedges.