Cold ham is not only ideal for a festive buffet, it can also be used in many other ways. If you’ve got guests coming round for drinks and nibbles, then why not rustle up some ham vol-au-vents as a retro-style nibble?
- Bake ready-made puff pastry vol-au-vent cases from frozen until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, mix together chopped ham with a little white sauce, single cream or low-fat fromage frais to moisten it.
- Remove the scored pastry tops from the baked vol-au-vent cases, reserving them.
- Fill each case with the ham mixture.
- Top with the reserved pastry tops.
- Return to the oven and bake for 5–10 minutes.
- Serve warm from the oven.
Note: Thick, diced, cooked ham is also very nice added to macaroni cheese, a creamy sauce or a lentil or green pea soup.
- Recipe not found.