Rich, creamy and easy to prepare, Alfredo sauce is the perfect accompaniment to countless meals. Once you’ve mastered cooking a smooth, flavourful batch of Alfredo sauce, you’ll want it homemade time and time again.
Alfredo sauce is a popular American take on the classic Italian white pasta sauce. It’s one of the quickest-to-prepare sauces you’ll ever get your hands on. Not to mention that it’s tasty, creamy and satisfying. If you’re running short of time and need to improvise a quick and yet delicious pasta sauce, this is the one for you.
- Melt some Flora Buttery in a large frying pan on medium heat.
- Add some double cream and blend well. Add some grated Parmesan cheese.
- Stir well until the cheese melts. Now add the cooked pasta using tongs, let plenty of the pasta water drip into the sauce.
- Shake the pan to mix the pasta through the sauce. Serve immediately.
If you’re unable to eat it straight away best keep the pasta and the sauce separate.Add a dash of olive oil to the pasta when it’s cooking. Splash in some extra pasta water to the sauce and place in separate airtight containers in the refrigerator.
- To make the sauce, wait until the pasta is five minutes away from being ready.
- There are lots of different variations to the perfect Alfredo sauce – many recipes instruct you to heat the sauce slightly in the pan with the pasta to help ensure optimal coating of the pasta, whereas other recipes suggest letting the freshly cooked fettuccine do the job of melting the cheese and Flora Buttery once it is tossed together. You might want to try both methods and see which you prefer best
- Alfredo sauce can be served plain or combined with steamed broccoli, chicken or prawns, or even used as an alternative to tomato sauce on pizza.
- Alfredo sauce is delicate and meant to be served directly after being prepared.
Want Personalised Recipes?
Sign up to receive our newsletter and you’ll get home-cooking hacks, tips and recipes the whole family will enjoy.