- 4 Tbsp. (60 mL) olive oil, divided
- 1 lb. (450 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 12 ounces (350 g) Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered (about 3 cups) [750 mL]
- 1 large clove garlic, chopped
- 2 cups (500 mL) water, divided
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) 2% milk
- 1 package Knorr Selects® White Cheddar Broccoli with Cavatappi Pasta
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced
- 2 strips bacon, crisp cooked and crumbled
Amount per serving
HEAT 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) of the olive oil in a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Season your chicken with salt and pepper, if you'd like. Add your chicken and cook 4 minutes or until thoroughly cooked. Remove from pan; set aside. Heat 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) of the remaining olive oil in same pan over medium-high heat and cook your Brussels sprouts, stirring occasionally, about 4 minutes or until browned. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add 1/2 cup (125 mL) water to pan and cook, covered, 4 minutes or until Brussels sprouts are tender. Remove Brussels sprouts from pan; set aside. Pour off any excess liquid from pan.
POUR remaining 1 1/2 (375 mL) cups water, milk and remaining 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) of the olive oil into the same pan and bring to a boil. Stir in Knorr Selects® and orange bell pepper and return to a boil, then lower the heat to medium-high and boil covered 7 minutes, stirring frequently.
STIR in your chicken and Brussels sprouts. Sprinkle with bacon. Now it's delicious. Dig in!