- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 large shallots or small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) water
- 1 pot Knorr® Homestyle Stock Beef
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) pure maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 container (330 g.) baby spinach leaves
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) dried cranberries, (optional)
Amount per serving
Cook bacon in medium saucepan until crisp. Remove bacon and set aside. Reserve 30 mL drippings.
Cook shallotss in reserved drippings over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 4 minutes. Stir in water and Knorr® Homestyle Stock Beef and bring to a boil. Stir in vinegar, maple syrup and olive oil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring frequently, 2 minutes. Season, if desired, with ground black pepper.
Arrange spinach, apples, cranberries and bacon on large serving platter. Toss with warm dressing and serve immediately.