WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 large shallots or small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) water
- 1 pot Knorr® Homestyle Stock Beef
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) pure maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 container (330 g.) baby spinach leaves
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) dried cranberries, (optional)
Amount per serving
Total Fat9 g
Saturated Fat3.5 g
Trans Fat0 g
Total Carbs14 g
Dietary Fiber2 g
Vitamin C15 %
Vitamin A30 %
Let's Get Cooking
Cook bacon in medium saucepan until crisp. Remove bacon and set aside. Reserve 30 mL drippings.
Cook shallotss in reserved drippings over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 4 minutes. Stir in water and Knorr® Homestyle Stock Beef and bring to a boil. Stir in vinegar, maple syrup and olive oil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring frequently, 2 minutes. Season, if desired, with ground black pepper.
Arrange spinach, apples, cranberries and bacon on large serving platter. Toss with warm dressing and serve immediately.