- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) uncooked basmati rice, rinsed
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) raisins
- 1 Knorr® Vegetable Bouillon Cube, crumbled
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp. (7 mL) curry powder
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) ground cumin
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) water
- 1 cup (250 mL) sliced carrots
- 1 cup (250 mL) sliced green beans
- 1 can (398 mL) (1 can (398 mL)) no-salt added chick peas, rinsed and drained
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) sliced almonds, toasted
Amount per serving
Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add rice, raisins, Knorr® Vegetable Bouillon Cube, ginger, garlic, curry powder and cumin and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant and Bouillon is dissolved, about 2 minutes. Stir in water and bring to a boil.
Add carrots and green beans; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer covered 15 minutes. Remove from heat; add chick peas and let stand covered 10 minutes. Fluff with fork and top with toasted almonds.