- SQUASH PUREE:
- 2 Knorr® Beef Bouillon Cubes, crumbled
- 1 lb. (450 g) peeled butternut squash, cut into 2-in. (5 cm) chunks
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) 10% half and half cream
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) Becel® Original margarine
- 2 cups (500 mL) thinly sliced cauliflower florets, about 1/4 in.(6 mm) thick
- 2 cups (500 mL) shiitake mushroom caps, halved
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) Becel® Oil
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) ground coffee
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) ground coffee
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) salt
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) togarashri Japanese seven spice
- 1 -lb. (450 g) ribeye steak, 1-1/2 in. (4 cm) thick, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) mixed peppercorns
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) 10% half and half cream
Amount per serving
Calories from Fat160
For SQUASH PUREE, Bring 4 cups (1 L) water to a boil in medium saucepan. Add Knorr® Beef Bouillon Cubes; stir to dissolve. Remove 1/2 cup (125 mL) broth; set aside. Add squash and bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer uncovered until squash is very tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and put squash into food processor. Add half and half cream and Becel® Original margarine and process until smooth. Set aside and keep warm.
For VEGETABLES, toss cauliflower and mushrooms with oil and ground coffee; season to taste with salt and ground black pepper. Heat large skillet or cast iron skillet over medium heat and cook vegetables, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and crisp-tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from pan; set aside.
For STEAK, combine coffee, salt, pepper and Togarashi Japanese Seven Spice in small bowl. Rub steak with mixture. Heat same skillet over medium-high heat and cook steak, turning once, until desired doneness; remove and let stand.
For SAUCE, after removing steak from skillet, remove skillet from heat. Slowly stir in reserved beef broth, scrapping up any brown bits from bottom of skillet. Return skillet to low heat; stir in peppercorns and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly reduced, about 2 minutes. Stir in half and half cream and heat through.
To serve, arrange 1/2 cup (125 mL) squash puree in center of each plate, then top with 1/4 of the vegetable mixture, 1 piece of steak and 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) sauce.