- 1/2 cup (125 mL) plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 tsp. (7 mL) ground cardamom
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. (0.5 mL) ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. (0.5 mL) ground cloves
- 2 lbs. (1 kg) boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of fat
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) Becel ® Buttery Taste margarine *
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) tomato paste
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 pot Knorr® Homestyle Stock Chicken
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) 10% half and half cream
Amount per serving
Combine yogurt and spices in medium bowl. Add chicken and stir to coat. Melt margarine in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken, in two batches, turning once, until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Place chicken in slow cooker.
Add remaining ingredients except half and half cream to slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH 3-1/2 hours. Stir in half and half cream and cook 30 minutes until chicken is very tender.** Break chicken into bite-size pieces with wooden spoon.
Serve, if desired, with steamed cauliflower, chick peas, hot cooked rice and sprinkled with chopped cilantro.