- 4 lbs. (2 kgs) beef short ribs, trimmed of fat
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 5 large carrots, cut into 2-in (5 cm) pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) dried thyme leaves
- 1 package Knorr® Brown Classic Roast Gravy Mix
- 1 cup (250 mL) PLUS 2 Tbsp (30 mL) water, divided
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) all-purpose flour
Amount per serving
Brown short ribs in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Remove and place in slow cooker. Add onion, carrots, garlic and thyme.
Drain fat from skillet. Add 1 cup (250 mL) water and Knorr® Brown Classic Roast Gravy Mix, stirring well and scraping brown bits from bottom of skillet. Pour over ribs.
Cover and cook on LOW 8 hours or until short ribs are tender. Remove short ribs and vegetables to serving platter; cover to keep warm.
If desired, remove excess fat from slow cooker. Thicken gravy by stirring flour with remaining 2 tablespoons (30 mL) water in small bowl. Add to slow cooker and cook on HIGH until thickened, about 5 minutes. Serve with short ribs and vegetables.