- 1/2 cup (125 mL) thinly sliced red onion, rinsed
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) honey
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) olive oil, divided
- 1 lb. (450 g) boneless sirloin steak, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) fresh or frozen corn
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) water
- 1 package Knorr Selects™ Rustic Mexican Rice & Beans
Amount per serving
Calories from Fat110
COMBINE your onion, cilantro, lime juice and honey in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH for 30 seconds. Stir it up and set aside.
HEAT 1 tablespoon (15 mL) of the olive oil in a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Season your steak with salt and pepper, if you’d like. Add your steak and cook, turning once, to desired doneness or about 2 minutes. Toss in your garlic and cook 30 seconds more. Remove all from the pan and set aside. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon (15 mL) olive oil in same pan and cook your bell pepper and corn for about 2 minutes or until crisp-tender.
POUR your water and Knorr Selects™ into the same pan. Bring to a boil, then turn down the heat to medium and continue cooking covered for 10 minutes.
STIR in your steak and serve topped with your reserved pickled red onions; now it’s delicious. Dig in!