- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 cups (2 L) peeled and cubed fresh pumpkin or 1 can (540 mL) canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 Knorr® Chicken Bouillon Cubes
- 3 cups (750 mL) boiling water
- 1 cup (250 mL) light cream
- 4 ounces (113 g) cream cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a medium saucepan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Sauté the onion, garlic and pumpkin, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in the bouillon and water mixture. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender.
Stir in the cream and cream cheese. Cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
In a blender or food processor, process the soup in batches, at low speed, until smooth. Return the soup to a saucepan and season with salt and pepper to taste. Heat through and serve.