WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 4 boneless centre-cut pork chops, (about 450g.), trimmed of fat
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large sweet potato or yam, peeled and cubed
- 3 1/2 cups (875 mL) water
- 1 cup (250 mL) uncooked long grain rice
- 1 pot Knorr® Homestyle Stock Reduced Sodium Chicken
- 1 can (540 mL) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
Amount per serving
Total Fat11 g
Saturated Fat2.5 g
Trans Fat0 g
Total Carbs71 g
Dietary Fiber11 g
Vitamin C25 %
Vitamin A170 %
Let's Get Cooking
Season chops, if desired, with salt and ground black pepper. Heat 15 mL olive oil in deep large nonstick skillet over high heat and brown chops. Remove chops and set aside.
Heat remaining 15 mL olive oil in same skillet over medium-high heat and cook onion with sweet potato, stirring occasionally, until starting to brown, about 8 minutes. Stir in water, rice and Knorr® Homestyle Stock Reduced Sodium Chicken. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 15 minutes.
Stir in beans and cilantro, then top with chops. Cover and cook until chops are done and rice is tender, about 10 minutes.