- 1 pouch Knorr® Recipe Onion Soup Mix
- 1 cup (250 mL) water
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Madeira (fortefied cooking wine) or sherry
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*, melted
- 8 lbs. (4 kgs) cooked ham, butt end, (8lbs. to 9 lbs)
- 1 lb. (450 g) shallots or small onions, peeled and quartered
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) whole grain mustard or Dijon mustard
Amount per serving
Preheat oven to 350° F (180° C). Combine Knorr® Recipe Onion Soup Mix water, brown sugar, wine and Becel® Buttery Taste margarine* in small bowl.
Arrange ham in large roasting pan, fat-side-up. Score lightly with knife in diamond pattern, then top with soup mixture. Arrange shallots around ham. Bake, stirring shallots and basting ham occasionally, until golden brown and meat has reached an internal temperature of 160° F (70° C), about 2 ½ hours. Remove ham to serving platter and keep warm.
For a delicious gravy, skim fat from pan juices, then process pan juices, onions and mustard in blender until smooth. Serve with ham.