- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 lb. (450 g) salmon fillets cut into 2-in. (5 cm) pieces, (season with salt & pepper, if you'd like)
- 2 cups (500 mL) water
- 1 cup (250 mL) sliced carrots, about 1/2-inch (1.5 cm) thick
- 1 package Knorr® One Skillet Meals – Lemon Chicken with Barley
- 6 cups (1.5 L) baby spinach leaves
Amount per serving
HEAT your olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook salmon, turning once, until golden and fish flakes with a fork, about 4 minutes. Remove and set aside; keep warm.
ADD water, carrots and contents of Knorr® One Skillet Meals – Lemon Chicken with Barley and bring to a boil. Cover, turn down the heat to medium-low and simmer 23 minutes or until barley is tender. (For perfectly cooked barley, make sure to keep covered.)
PLACE your spinach on top of the barley mixture and cover. Remove from heat and let stand covered 2 minutes (the heat will begin to wilt the spinach). Stir until spinach is completely wilted and well blended. Top with salmon. Now it's delicious, dig in!