- 6 Tbsp. (90 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*, divided
- 2 Knorr® Chicken Bouillon Cubes, crumbled
- 1 medium lemon, juiced (about 2-1/2 Tbsp./37 mL), rind reserved
- 1 whole chicken ** (about 5-1/2-lbs./2.5 kg)
- 1 1/2 lbs. (675 g) new potatoes, scrubbed
- 12 ounces (350 g) shallots (about 6 medium), halved, if large
Amount per serving
Calories from Fat150
Preheat oven to 375° F/190 C. Combine 4 Tbsp. (60 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine, Knorr® Chicken Bouillon Cubes and lemon juice in small microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave at HIGH 30 seconds; stir until Bouillon is dissolved. Cool slightly.
Place chicken in large roasting pan and place squeezed lemon rind into cavity. Evenly spoon Bouillon mixture over chicken. Toss potatoes, shallots and remaining 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) margarine in large bowl. Arrange around chicken in roasting pan.
Roast 1 hour. Baste chicken with pan juices and stir vegetables; continue roasting, basting chicken and stirring vegetables occasionally, until vegetables are tender and instant read thermometer inserted in thickest part of chicken thigh reaches 165° (75 C), about 45 minutes.
Remove vegetables and chicken to serving platter; serve.