- BEEF BULGOGI:
- 1 Knorr® Beef Bouillon Cube(s), crumbled
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) sugar
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) dark sesame oil
- 1 lb. (450 g) boneless sirloin steak, cut into thin strips*
- 1 cup (250 mL) EACH matchstick cut carrots, bean sprouts and sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 2 cups (500 mL) baby spinach leaves
- 4 tsp. (20 mL) dark sesame oil, divided
- RICE & EGGS
- 3 cups (750 mL) cooked rice **
- 1 Tbps. plus 1 tsp. (20 mL) dark sesame oil, divided
- 4 eggs
Amount per serving
Calories from Fat200
For Beef Bulgogi, combine Knorr® Beef Bouillon Cube, sugar and sesame oil in medium microwave-safe bowl. Cook at HIGH in microwave 30 seconds. Stir until smooth. Add steak and set aside to marinate.
Meanwhile for Vegetables, cook vegetables separately in large nonstick skillet using 1 teaspoon (5 mL) sesame oil for each vegetable, stirring occasionally, until tender, 2 to 5 minutes. Remove vegetables; keeping them separate. Season, if desired, with salt and pepper; keep warm.
Next, cook steak in same skillet, in 2 batches, over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until desired doneness, about 2 minutes. Remove; cover and keep warm.
For Rice & Eggs, continuing in same skillet (rinse or wipe skillet if necessary), heat 1 tablespoon (15 mL) sesame oil over medium-high heat and cook rice, stirring frequently, until rice becomes crispy and slightly browned on about half the rice grains***, about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile heat remaining 1 teaspoon (5 mL) sesame oil in another large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Carefully crack eggs into skillet, keeping yolks intact and cook covered to desired doneness.
To serve, divide rice into 4 bowls. Arrange beef bulgogi (with juices) on top of rice. Top with vegetables, keeping them in separate mounds. Top each with an egg. Serve, if desired, with hot sauce and/or kimchi.