- 2 1/2 lbs. (1.25 kgs) boneless pork shoulder, trimmed of excess fat
- 1 large green or red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) apple cider vinegar
- 1 pot Knorr® Homestyle Stock Chicken
- 1 Tbsp. (15 Tbsp.) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) onion powder
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
Amount per serving
Heat skillet over medium-high heat and cook pork, turning to cook all sides, until browned, about 4 minutes. Arrange pork in slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients and stir. Cook covered on LOW 8 to 10 hours or HIGH 4 to 6 hours until pork is fork-tender.
Remove pork; reserve juices, removing fat. Shred pork with fork, then stir into reserved juices. Serve on warm hamburger buns or medium-sized crusty rolls with coleslaw, if desired.