WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 3 slices reduced sodium bacon, chopped
- 3 lbs. (1.5 kgs) beef stew meat, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) ground black pepper
- 12 ounces (375 mL) dark-style beer or stout
- 3 large carrots, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) Knorr® Bovril® Liquid Beef Bouillon
Amount per serving
Total Fat11 g
Saturated Fat3 g
Trans Fat0 g
Total Carbs8 g
Dietary Fiber1 g
Vitamin C2 %
Vitamin A90 %
Let's Get Cooking
Preheat oven to 350°F ( 180° C ). Toss beef with flour and black pepper in large bowl to coat; set aside.
Cook bacon in large, deep nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp, about 5 minutes. Stir in beef and cook, stirring occasionally, until beef is browned, about 10 minutes. Stir in carrots and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes. Stir in beer and Knorr® Bovril® Liquid Beef Bouillon, scraping up brown bits from bottom of skillet. Bring to boil over high heat.
Turn into 3-quart (3 L ) casserole or Dutch oven. Bake covered until beef is tender, about 2 hours.