WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 2 sachets Red Rose® Orange Pekoe tea bags *
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) Knorr® Chicken Instant Stock Mix
- 1 cup (250 mL) uncooked rice **
- 1 lb. (450 g) pork tenderloin, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) dark sesame oil, divided
- 3 cups (750 mL) thinly sliced assorted vegetables, (stemmed shiitake mushrooms, carrots and snow peas)
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) honey
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) peanuts, chopped
Amount per serving
Calories from Fat120
Total Fat13 g
Saturated Fat2.5 g
Trans Fat0 g
Total Carbs45 g
Dietary Fiber3 g
Vitamin C30 %
Vitamin A110 %
Let's Get Cooking
Bring 2 cups (500 mL) water to a boil in medium saucepan. Remove from heat and add Tea Bags. Brew 4 minutes. Remove and squeeze bags. Add 1 tablespoon (15 mL) Knorr® Chicken Instant Stock Mix and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add rice and cook covered over low heat, until rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, season pork with remaining 1 tablespoon (15 mL) Instant Stock Mix. Heat 1 tablespoon (15 mL) sesame oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook pork, stirring occasionally, until done, about 3 minutes; remove and set aside. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon (15 mL) oil in same skillet and cook vegetables, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes. Add ginger and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in honey and cook just until vegetables are coated, about 30 seconds.
Spoon rice onto serving platter. Arrange pork on rice and top with vegetables. Sprinkle with peanuts. Garnish, if desired, with sliced green onions.