WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*
- 2 sweet onions, very thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) fresh thyme leaves
- 5 1/2 cups (1375 mL) hot water
- 2 pots Knorr® Homestyle Stock Beef
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) dry sherry (optional)
- 6 slices (1 cm.) thick slices French bread, toasted
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) shredded Swiss cheese
Let's Get Cooking
Melt margarine in large saucepot over medium heat and cook onions, stirring frequently, 15 minutes or until golden. Stir in garlic and thyme and cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until onions are browned and very tender.
Stir in hot water and Knorr® Homestyle Stock Beef, scraping up brown bits from bottom of saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered 8 minutes. Stir in sherry.
Arrange 6 broiler-proof bowls on baking sheet. Evenly ladle soup into bowls, then top with bread and cheese. Broil 1 minute or until cheese is melted.