- 2 cans (540 mL ea.) chick peas, rinsed and drained
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) PLUS 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped fresh parsley leaves, divided
- 1 package Knorr® Vegetable Dry Soup Mix
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) ground cumin
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped (about 1-1/2 cups/375 mL)
- 1 small cucumber, chopped (about 1-1/2 cups/375 mL)
- 7 Tbsp. (105 mL) Becel® Oil, divided
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) fresh lemon juice
Amount per serving
Calories from Fat170
Mash chickpeas in large bowl with potato masher until no large pieces are left. (Chick peas should not be smooth like hummus). Stir in 2 tablespoons (30 mL) parsley, Knorr® Vegetable Dry Soup Mix, egg and cumin. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine tomatoes, cucumber, remaining 1/4 cup (60 mL) parsley, 1 tablespoon (15 mL) Oil and lemon juice in medium bowl. Season to taste, if desired, with salt and pepper.
Shape chick pea mixture into 24 (2 inch/5 cm X 1/2-inch/1.5 cm thick)patties. Heat 2 tablespoons (30 mL) oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook 8 patties, gently turning once, until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Repeat twice using 2 tablespoons Oil (30 mL) per batch. Serve salad and falafel, if desired, with warm whole wheat pita bread and tzaziki sauce.