- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) olive oil
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 3 ribs celery, sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) lentils, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups (750 mL) water, divided
- 1 pouch Knorr® Recipe Savoury Herb with Garlic Soup Mix
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) cider vinegar or red wine vinegar, (optional)
Amount per serving
Heat olive oil in large saucepan over medium heat and cook carrots and celery, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes.
Add lentils and cook 1 minute. Stir in 2 cups (475 mL) water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, 25 minutes.
Stir in Knorr® Recipe® Savoury Herb with Garlic Soup Mix blended with remaining 1 cup (240 mL) water. Simmer covered, until lentils are tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in vinegar. Serve over hot couscous or rice.