WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) olive oil, divided
- 1 Knorr® OXO® 25% Less Salt Chicken Bouillon Sachet
- 1 medium eggplant, sliced into 1 cm thick rounds
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) sugar
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 4 ounces (125 g) fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) very thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
Amount per serving
Total Fat9 g
Saturated Fat3.5 g
Trans Fat0 g
Total Carbs13 g
Dietary Fiber4 g
Vitamin C20 %
Vitamin A8 %
Let's Get Cooking
Combine 15 mL olive oil with Knorr® Oxo® 25% Less Salt Chicken Bouillon Sachet in small bowl. Evenly brush onto both sides of eggplant. Grill or broil, turning frequently, until tender; cool.
Meanwhile, bring vinegar, onion and garlic to a boil over high heat in small saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until liquid is reduced by half, about 15 minutes. Stir in sugar until dissolved. Cool slightly, then stir in remaining 15 mL oil. Cool to room temperature.
Alternately layer eggplant, tomatoes and cheese on serving platter. Sprinkle with basil, then drizzle balsamic reduction.