- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) Becel Avo Plus™ Oil Blend, divided
- 1 Knorr® Vegetable Bouillon Cube, crumbled
- 1 eggplant, sliced into 1 cm thick rounds
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) sugar
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 4 ounces (125 g) fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) very thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
Amount per serving
Combine 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) Becel Avo Plus™ Oil Blend with crumbled Knorr® Vegetable Bouillon Cube in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds. Stir until Bouillon is dissolved and mixture is well blended. Evenly brush mixture onto both sides of eggplant. Grill or broil, turning frequently, until tender; cool.
Meanwhile, bring vinegar, onion and garlic to a boil in small saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until liquid is reduced by half, about 15 minutes. Stir in sugar until dissolved. Cool slightly, then stir in remaining 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) oil. Cool to room temperature.
Alternately layer eggplant, tomatoes and cheese on serving platter. Sprinkle with basil, then drizzle balsamic reduction.