- 1 1/3 cups (325 mL) rinsed and drained canned black beans
- 1 Knorr® Vegetable Bouillon Cube
- 2 cups (500 mL) cooked, cooled quinoa
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded low fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Hellmann's® 1/2 the Fat mayonnaise-type dressing, divided
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) shredded carrot, (about 1 medium)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) plain dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely chopped red onion
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- 3/4 tsp. (3 mL) ground chipotle chili powder, divided
- 4 tsp. (20 mL) Becel® Oil
Amount per serving
Place black beans in large bowl. Crumble Knorr® Vegetable Bouillon Cube over top. Mash thoroughly until beans are completely mashed and Bouillon is well blended. Stir in quinoa, cheese, 1/4 cup (60 mL) Hellmann's® 1/2 the Fat mayonnaise-type dressing, carrot, bread crumbs, onion, cilantro and 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) chipotle chili powder until well blended and mixture holds together when pressed.
Using 1/2 cup (125 mL) mixture per patty, firmly press into 8 (3-in. wide x 3/4-in. thick) [7.5 cm wide x 2 cm thick] patties.
Preheat grill to medium-high and then lightly oil grill rack. Brush top of each patty with 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) Becel® Oil. Place oiled sides down on grill rack and grill until bottoms are golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes. Before turning, brush top of each with 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) Oil. (Brushing both sides of patties with oil is necessary to prevent sticking while grilling.) Turn patties and grill until heated through, 4 to 5 minutes.
Combine remaining 1/4 cup (60 mL) Hellmann's® 1/2 the Fat mayonnaise-type dressing with remaining 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) chipotle chili powder. Divide sauce between patties and if desired, serve on whole wheat buns with lettuce and tomato.