- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 3 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1 package Knorr® Sidekicks® Butter & Herb Pasta Side Dish
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) dry white wine
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 3 cups (750 mL) water
- 6 slices French baguette, (about 1 oz./30 g each)
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) shredded Gruyere cheese or Swiss cheese
Amount per serving
Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat and cook onions covered, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, prepare Knorr® Sidekicks® according to package directions.
Stir wine and vinegar into saucepan and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes. Stir in Pasta and water; heat through.
Arrange bread slices on broiler pan, then sprinkle with cheese. Broil until cheese is melted, about 1 minute.
Serve bread with soup.