WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 1 loaf French bread, about 21-in (53 cm), split lengthwise
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*, divided
- 1 clove garlic, cut in half
- 1 lb. (450 g) boneless beef top sirloin steak, about 1-in (2.5 cm) thick
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) water
- 1 sachet Knorr® OXO® Beef Bouillon Sachet
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) shredded Swiss cheese
Amount per serving
Total Fat20 g
Saturated Fat7 g
Trans Fat0 g
Total Carbs46 g
Dietary Fiber3 g
Vitamin A10 %
Vitamin C0 %
Let's Get Cooking
Line baking sheet with aluminum foil.
Spread bread with 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine. Place on prepared baking sheet and broil until lightly toasted. Rub bread with cut side of garlic clove 1/2. Sprinkle bread with cheese; set aside. Finely chop remaining 1/2 clove garlic.
Season steak, if desired, with salt and pepper. Melt 1 tsp.(5 mL) margarine in large skillet over medium heat and cook steak, turning once until desired doneness. Remove steak to cutting board; cover with foil.
Melt remaining 2 tsp.(10 mL) margarine in same skillet over medium heat. Add chopped garlic and cook until fragrant. Add water and Knorr® OXO® Beef Bouillon Sachet and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, scraping brown bits from bottom of pan. Remove from heat and set aside.
Thinly slice steak and place in medium bowl. Spoon 2 Tbsp.(30 mL) bouillon mixture over steak, tossing to coat. Cover and let stand.
Broil cheese topped bread until cheese melts. Top bread with steak; cut sandwich into 4 pieces. Pour bouillon mixture into bowls for dipping.