WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 2 lbs. (1 kg) all-purpose potatoes, peeled and chopped in small pieces
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*
- 2 cups (500 mL) milk, divided
- 1 cup (250 mL) sliced mushrooms
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 package Knorr® Alfredo Pasta Sauce Mix
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1 bag (250 mL.) frozen green peas
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) dry sherry
- 1 1/2 lbs. (750 g) cod or haddock fillets, cut into 2.5cm pieces
Amount per serving
Total Fat11 g
Saturated Fat3.5 g
Trans Fat0.5 g
Total Carbs47 g
Dietary Fiber4 g
Vitamin C70 %
Let's Get Cooking
Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
Cover potatoes and garlic with cold water in large saucepot. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes; drain.
Beat potatoes, 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine and 1/2 cup (125 mL) milk with electric mixer on low speed or with potato masher until smooth.
Evenly spread mashed potatoes on bottom and up sides of 1.5L baking dish; set aside.
Melt remaining 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) margarine in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook mushrooms with onion, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 6 minutes. Stir in remaining 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) milk, Knorr ®Alfredo Pasta Sauce mix and thyme and simmer, stirring frequently, until thickened, about 3 minutes. Stir in peas and sherry. Simmer 1 minute.
Arrange cod on potatoes in prepared baking dish. Season, if desired, with black pepper and a squeeze of lemon. Pour sauce mixture over cod. Bake 40 minutes or until cod flakes with a fork and bubbling.