WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 1 lb. (450 g) extra lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups (500 mL) frozen green peas and carrots, thawed
- 1 package Knorr® Brown Gravy Mix
- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) water
- 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) crumbled dried thyme leaves or dried rosemary or oregano (optional)
- 3 cups (750 mL) hot mashed potatoes *
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) shredded cheddar cheese
Amount per serving
Calories from Fat100
Total Fat11 g
Saturated Fat4.5 g
Trans Fat0 g
Total Carbs51 g
Dietary Fiber6 g
Vitamin A130 %
Vitamin C40 %
Let's Get Cooking
Spray 8-in (2 L) square baking dish with no-stick cooking spray; set aside.
Heat large skillet over medium-high heat and cook ground beef with onion, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender, about 8 minutes. Stir in peas and carrots and cook, stirring, 2 minutes. Whisk together Knorr® Brown Gravy Mix and water in medium bowl; stir into skillet. Stir in thyme and cook covered over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until peas and carrots are tender, about 8 minutes.
Pour into prepared baking dish. Evenly top with hot mashed potatoes and sprinkle with cheese. Broil until cheese is melted and topping is lightly golden, about 5 minutes.