- 1/2 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed according to package directions
- 1 lb. (450 g) beef tenderloin, cut crosswise into 4 steaks
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) Becel® Oil, divided
- 2 cups (500 mL) sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 1 package Knorr® Demi-Glace Classic Roast Gravy Mix
- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) water
Amount per serving
Calories from Fat360
Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Cut puff pastry crosswise into 8 strips. Transfer strips to baking sheet, spacing 1-in. (2.5 cm) apart. Working with 1 strip at a time, hold ends with fingers and twist strip in opposite directions, forming a spiral. Press ends of strips onto baking sheet to prevent unraveling. Bake 15 minutes or until browned and puffed.
Meanwhile, season beef, if desired, with salt and pepper. Heat 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and cook steaks, turning once, to desired doneness, about 5 to 8 minutes (145°F/63°C for medium rare and 160°F/70°C for medium); remove steaks and keep warm.