- 1 orange, halved
- 2 pots Knorr® Homestyle Stock Chicken, divided
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped fresh herbs *
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) ground black pepper, divided
- 2 sweet onions, quartered
- 10 -lb. (5 -kg) turkey, giblets and neck removed
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) port wine
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) water
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) heavy cream or whipping cream
Amount per serving
Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Squeeze juice from ½ of the orange; set aside.
Combine 1 pot Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Chicken, herbs, olive oil, orange juice and 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) black pepper in small bowl. Rub mixture under and over turkey skin. Arrange remaining 1/2 orange and onions inside cavity of turkey. Arrange turkey in roasting pan on rack.
Roast turkey 45 minutes.
Decrease oven to 375°F (190°C) and roast 1 hour. Baste turkey and turn pan in oven. Continue roasting until meat thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh reaches 180°F (90°C), about 1 hour. Remove turkey from pan and keep warm. Skim fat from pan drippings, then pour drippings into measuring cup. Add enough water to bring total liquid to 2 cups (500 mL).
To make gravy, add drippings mixture, wine and remaining 1 pot Knorr® Homestyle Stock Chicken to roasting pan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, scraping up brown bits from bottom of pan. Combine 1/4 cup (60 mL) water with flour in small bowl, then stir into pan. Cook, stirring frequently, until gravy is slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Strain, if desired. Stir in cream and remaining black pepper. Serve gravy with turkey.