- 1 lb. (450 g) extra lean ground beef
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 1 large zucchini, finely chopped
- 8 ounces (227 g) mushrooms, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pouch Knorr® Recipe Onion Soup Mix
- 2 cans (540 mL ea.) no-salt added diced tomatoes
- 1 lb. (450 g) whole wheat fettuccine, cooked according to package direction, reserving 250 mL pasta water
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) finely sliced fresh basil leaves
Amount per serving
Preheat large nonstick saucepot over medium-high heat and cook ground beef, carrots, zucchini and mushrooms, stirring frequently and breaking up beef, until beef is browned. Stir in garlic and season, if desired, with freshly ground black pepper.
Stir in Knorr® Lipton Recipe® Onion Soup Mix with 25% less sodium, tomatoes and reserved pasta water. Bring to a boil and simmer covered 10 minutes. Stir in basil.
Toss with hot fettuccine. Sprinkle, if desired, with shredded Parmesan cheese.