WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 1 lb. (450 g) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, pounded thin
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*
- 1 package (300 g.) white mushrooms or cremini, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 pot Knorr® Homestyle Stock Chicken
- 1 cup (250 mL) water
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) dry Marsala wine
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) fresh thyme leaves, (optional)
Let's Get Cooking
Evenly coat chicken with flour.
Melt 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine* in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and brown chicken, turning once, about 8 minutes. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
Melt remaining 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) margarine in same skillet over medium-high heat and cook mushrooms and onion, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are golden brown, about 6 minutes. Stir in Knorr® Homestyle Stock Chicken until Stock is melted. Stir in water, wine and thyme. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low. Return chicken to skillet and simmer uncovered until sauce is thickened and chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 2 minutes.