- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*
- 1 large onion
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 7 cups (1.75 L) water
- 1 pot Knorr® Homestyle Stock Vegetable
- 2 lbs. (1 kg) carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) smoked paprika (optional)
Amount per serving
Heat Becel® Buttery Taste margarine* in large saucepot over medium-high heat and cook onion, stirring frequently, until onion is deep golden brown, about 10 minutes. Stir in vinegar and cook until absorbed, about 1 minute.
Add water, Knorr® Homestyle Stock Vegetable, carrots and paprika. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer until carrots are tender, about 20 minutes. Process, in batches if necessary, in blender or food processor until smooth.