- 2 slices reduced sodium bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) finely chopped leek, white parts only
- 10 ounces (300 g) peeled butternut squash, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 cups (500 mL) fresh corn or thawed, frozen corn
- 8 cups (2 L) water
- 1 pot Knorr® Homestyle Stock Reduced Sodium Chicken
- 1 sachet Knorr® Sidekicks® Harvest Chicken Rice & Vermicelli Side Dish
Amount per serving
Cook bacon in large saucepot until crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove bacon from saucepot. Set aside and reserve drippings.
Cook leek, squash, celery and corn in reserved drippings over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Add water and bring to boil then reduce heat to medium low and cook 10 minutes. Remove 2 cups of broth and vegetables and set aside.
Stir in Knorr® Homestyle Stock Reduced Sodium Chicken and Knorr® Sidekicks® Harvest Chicken Rice & Vermicelli Side Dish. Cover and cook 7 minutes or until rice is tender.
Meanwhile, process reserved 2 cups broth and vegetables in blender until smooth; stir into saucepot and cook until heated through.