WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 1 lb. (440 g) fresh asparagus
- 1 pot Knorr® Homestyle Stock Chicken
- 4 cups (1 L) hot water
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) olive oil
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1 2/3 cups (320 g) uncooked arborio rice
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) dry white wine
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. (37 mL) grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*
- 6 sprigs fresh chervil (optional)
Amount per serving
Total Fat18 g
Saturated Fat8 g
Trans Fat0 g
Total Carbs46 g
Dietary Fiber4 g
Vitamin C15 %
Vitamin A14 %
Let's Get Cooking
Remove tips from asparagus, peel and cut stems into 6 mm thick slices; set both aside. Stir Knorr® Homestyle Stock Chicken into hot water; set aside and keep warm.
Heat oil in heavy-duty saucepan and cook onion, stirring occasionally, until tender and lightly colored, about 5 minutes. Stir in rice and cook, stirring occasionally, 1 minute. Stir in wine and cook 1 minute.
Pour in just enough Stock to cover rice, stirring frequently. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring frequently and gradually stirring in Stock, until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, about 25 minutes. If needed, stir in additional hot water, 125 mL at a time, until rice is tender.
Stir in asparagus during last 5 minutes of cooking. Stir in cheese, Becel® Buttery Taste margarine* and chervil. Garnish, if desired, with additional chervil.