- 1/2 lb. (225 g) Italian chicken sausage, removed from casing
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) olive oil
- 2 Gala apples, peeled, cored and diced (about 2 cups/500 mL)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) finely chopped carrots
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) water
- 1 pot Knorr® Homestyle Stock Chicken
- 6 cups (1.5 L) toasted 1-in. (2.5 cm) cubes multi-grain baguette or white baguette
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) finely chopped fresh parsley leaves (optional)
Amount per serving
Preheat oven 400°F (200°C).
Cook sausage in large nonstick skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked, about 6 minutes. Remove sausage from skillet; set aside.
Heat olive oil in same skillet over medium heat and cook apples, onion, celery and carrots, stirring occasionally, until apples and vegetables are golden, about 5 minutes. Add water and Knorr® Homestyle Stock Chicken, stirring well to dissolve. Stir in bread cubes, cooked sausage and parsley. Turn into 13 x 9-inch (33 x 23-cm) baking dish. Bake covered 15 minutes. Remove cover and bake an additional 15 minutes.