- Makes 9 cups
- Preparation Time20 min
- Cooking Time22 min
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium red and/or green bell peppers, diced
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1 Tbsp. chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 3 cups water
- 2 cubes Knorr® Shrimp flavor Bouillon Cube(s)
- 2 cans (15.5 oz. ea.) hominy, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 lbs. uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro*
- Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium heat and cook onion and peppers until tender, about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in garlic, oregano, chipotle and tomato paste and cook about 1 minute. Sprinkle in flour and cook about 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in water, Knorr® Shrimp flavor Bouillon Cubes and hominy and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, add shrimp and simmer covered until shrimp turn pink, about 5 minutes. Stir in lime juice and cilantro. Garnish with diced avocado, sliced lettuce, diced radishes, cheese, chopped onion and lime wedges.
- *Don't have fresh cilantro? Feel free to substitute 2 Knorr Cilantro MiniCubes.