Chicken in Mexican Almond Sauce
|Serving Size per serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||200|
|Total Fat||23 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||11 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
|Vitamin A||2 %|
|Vitamin C||10 %|
- Recipe Serves4
- Preparation Time10 min
- Cooking Time30 min
- 1 cup sliced almonds, divided
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, (about 1-1/4 lbs.)
- 1 cup finely chopped Spanish onion
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon Cube(s)
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- Lightly toast 1/4 cup almonds; set aside. Process remaining 3/4 cup almonds in blender or food processor until finely ground.
- Cook ground almonds, oregano, cinnamon and bay leaves in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until toasted, about 1 minute. Remove almond mixture and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in same skillet over medium-high heat and brown chicken, turning once, about 5 minutes. Remove chicken and set aside. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in same skillet over medium heat and cook onion and garlic, stirring frequently, until onion is tender, about 2 minutes .
- Stir in Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon Cube blended with water, reserved ground almond mixture and black pepper and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes.
- Process 1 cup sauce in blender or food processor until smooth and return to skillet. Return chicken with juices to skillet and simmer, stirring sauce occasionally, until chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 10 minutes. Remove bay leaves. Sprinkle with toasted almonds and cilantro. Serve, if desired, with hot cooked rice.