Classic Roast Beef with Brown Gravy
- Recipe Serves8
- Preparation Time5 min
- Cooking Time1 hr 20 min
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 4 lbs. beef eye round roast
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 package Knorr ® Gravy Classics ™ Classic Brown Gravy Mix
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Combine olive oil with onions in 13 x 9-inch metal baking or roasting pan. Arrange roast on onion mixture. Season roast with salt and ground black pepper. Cut slits in roast and insert garlic.
- Bake 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 350° and bake 55 minutes or until desired doneness. Remove roast from pan and let rest 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, over medium-high heat, stir Knorr® Classic Brown gravy mix blended with water and vinegar into pan, scraping up brown bits from bottom of pan. Stir until smooth. Add Spread and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until gravy is thickened. Serve gravy with sliced roast beef.