Steak with Balsamic Mushroom Topping
- Recipe Serves8
- Preparation Time10 min
- Cooking Time22 min
- 2 lbs. beef top round steak or boneless sirloin steak, about 1-1/2 inches thick
- 2 Tbsp. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread
- 1 package (10 oz.) mushrooms
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) beef broth
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 2 packages Knorr® Italian Sides™ - 4 Cheese Pasta
- Grill or broil steak to desired doneness. Remove to serving platter and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, melt Spread in large skillet over medium heat and cook mushrooms, onion and garlic, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in vinegar and bring to a boil over high heat. Continue boiling until liquid is reduced by half, about 2 minutes. Stir in broth and thyme. Continue boiling until sauce is reduced by half and mixture thickens slightly, about 10 minutes.
- To serve, pour sauce with vegetables over sliced steak. Serve with hot Knorr® Italian Sides™ - 4 Cheese Pasta and, if desired, grilled zucchini and crusty Italian bread.