Smothered Onion & Bacon-Topped Steak
- Recipe Serves4
- Preparation Time10 min
- Cooking Time18 min
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. dry sherry or balsamic vinegar
- 1 package Knorr® Au Jus gravy mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 tsp. fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 lb. boneless sirloin steak, grilled, broiled or pan-fried
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon and set aside; reserve drippings.
- In same skillet, add onion to reserved drippings and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until golden. Stir in sherry, scraping up brown bits from bottom of skillet. Add reserved bacon and Knorr® Au Jus gravy mix blended with water and rosemary. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring frequently, 2 minutes or until mixture is thickened. To serve, top steak with sauce.