Roast Turkey with Mexican Rub
- Recipe Serves8
- Preparation Time15 min
- Cooking Time3 hr
- 12 lbs. turkey
- 2 Knorr® Garlic MiniCube(s)
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 3 stalks celery, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 3 carrot, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 envelopes Knorr® Sazon with Coriander and Annatto
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano leaves, crushed
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Rinse turkey inside and out and pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle inside of cavity with 1 Knorr® Garlic MiniCube. Set aside.
- Combine onion, celery and carrots in large roasting pan. Arrange turkey on vegetables; set aside.
- Blend Spread, Knorr® Sazon with Coriander and Annatto, remaining MiniCube, lime juice and dried oregano leaves, crushed leaves in small bowl. Spread mixture under and over the skin of the turkey.
- Roast, basting occasionally, 3 hours or until meat thermometer inserted in thickest part of the thigh reaches 165°.
- Suggestion: Use the pan drippings to make a delicious gravy!